In the last two months we’ve been working on adding more hosts, improving the stability and security of the platform and scaling to accommodate for more servers and IPs.
Here’s a quick summary:
- Automatic nameserver setup.
- New hosting and DNS providers: AccuWebHosting, SupremeServers, Route53.
- Added more servers and IPs.
- Scaling the platform.
- Whois tab in DNS info section of the Blog Info page.
- Adding API Key field instead of password for more secure third-party use of EBN.
What are some of the features you’d like to see next? Vote on our feedback page!
We took another big step in automating setup of your blogs. Instead of going to your registrar for each domain to set your nameservers, you can now setup the credentials once and EBN will use their API to set them up automatically.
All you need to do is add the credentials in your account and everything else is done automatically. If the registrar is not supported or you don’t have credentials set, then you will get the nameserver addresses reported in the Activity Log, the same way as it is now.
Please keep in mind the domains have to be registered and in your account.
- GoDaddy works out-of-box.
- Dynadot supports the API only for bulk customers (above $500/year spend).
- NameCheap and NameSilo need whitelisting of our IP. See our help article for more information.
Which other registrars are you using?
Let us know which other registrars you’re using and we’ll make sure to add them if they support nameserver setup through an API.