Great news! We know that theme editing has been an often requested feature and we’re excited to announce we have implemented this feature.
To avoid manually creating a child theme we are now using a free plugin from WordPress.org that creates child themes and allows you to edit them. We needed to tweak our system a bit for the plugin, but it now works perfectly.
You now get the simplicity of using the default WordPress theme editor but with the security and safety of automated theme updates.
To find out more read the full instructions on how to use the theme plugin in our Help Center and let us know you what you think.
As another step toward better platform security, we’ve just added a new feature that removes and disallows adding of malware domains, listed by MalwareDomains.com. Malware domains are domains with a history of being used to propagate malware and spyware on the internet.
This greatly improves the safety and neighborhood of existing blogs on EBN.
This is the error you will see if the domain is listed in their database:
In the majority of cases, this is an issue of the previous owner so you will need to request removal from the database. You can do that by contacting them here.
We’ve also added this information to our Help Center article.
Easy Blog Networks has been online for almost three years and we’re sure you know a lot about how we work and who we are. But we know very little about you, our users, and we’d like to change that!
To make EBN even better in the coming months and years, we’d like to know who you are, what kind of business you run and what you (don’t) like in EBN.
As a big thank you, three respondents will receive $300 in credits for their EBN subscription!
The survey takes just 2-3 minutes.
Start the survey here »
- The results of the survey will only be kept for our internal purposes for improving EBN as a service.
- For transparency reasons, we will ask the winners to post in our Facebook group announcement.
- To qualify you cannot skip questions and need to be a paying user for 30 days.
- Survey closes on 31st August. [UPDATE: Survey will close on the 28th due to overwhelming response. Thank you!]
It’s been some time since we last posted, but behind the scenes, we’ve been doing some reorganizing and, of course, keeping the system updated and maintained.
EBN has grown a lot in the last year and we’ve been having some trouble pushing new feature updates as fast as we’d like. This is why we decided at our last company meetup to try out Scrum methodology for development, and we’re already seeing initial results. We are now back on track towards developing some of the more requested features.
Major Features Planned for This Year
- Subaccounts – If you have staff that helps you manage your PBNs inside EBN but don’t want to give them full access. You will be able to give them access to an EBN account without giving away passwords to your blogs.
- Mailbox – Mailbox is up for a big update. Sorting, automatic purging and archiving are coming in the update.
Maintenance Done in The Last Quarter
- Indexation Check updates – We’ve launched this in April but we did a lot of updates since to decrease the number of false positives and sync issues between Indexation Check and EBN.
- Removing unstable providers – Even with our due diligence, some poor performing hosts still got into the system. We removed most of those and are keeping a close eye on others.
- Improvements to servers maintenance – We’ve done a lot of additional updates to automate a lot of maintenance so as to keep the potential downtime as short as possible.
Got an idea? Post it on our Feedback page!
If there are features you’re still missing, please check our Feedback page. You can also vote there for existing ideas from other users.
Since the last blog post update a few months ago, we did a lot of work on scaling the platform, fixing issues and improving the system.
A few major features added in the last few months:
CSV/ODS export of blog list
You are now able to export a list of all blogs and their basic information to CSV or ODS. You can find it at the bottom of the dashboard.
No more passive indexation check
The migration to fully active indexation check powered by Easy Domain Monitor is now done. All of your blogs are now regularly checked if they are indexed or not. If you find any errors with this check, let support know and we’ll look into it.
We’re analyzing your feedback from the NPS survey and seeing what improvements are on top of your minds. If you have any ideas, please make sure to visit the Feedback page.